2.11.2009

Three Weeks Down

This week had me working on much more substantial projects. Monday, I struggled to get the sound working on ANY computer in the office (there are like 5 that I can use, and NONE of them had sound) so that I could do a video project for the Publications Director. This consisted of watching a promo tape for one author and then linking photos to the dialogue from a database she sent me. It was a little tedious, at times, because there was no counter on the video and I had to use my cell phone stopwatch to figure out the time cues, but it was interesting to learn more about the books IslandPress publishes, especially this topic (the main reason I don't eat fish is because of the absurd overfishing practices). After that, I did some less exciting work (making an excel database of people to add to the email newsletter list) for the rest of the day. Then, Tuesday, I did all my paperwork (time sheets, etc), talked with my supervisor (the head of the Development team), and then started on another project for Communications/Publications. This was updating the Pub report (a record that IP keeps of all the "earned press" for the books they have published in the past year). It was crazy to see how many blogs talked about our books- somebody even "tweeted" (oh, twitter-verbs) about one last week! Two days without ANY database entry... hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment