2.05.2009

Week 2

Well, this week was a little weird because I was sick on Monday. It was really nice, because the office was super understanding. I made up most of my hours working extra time on Tuesday and working for a little on Wednesday afternoon, as well.

**Tip: If you are saving something at work, make sure you know where you're saving it! I worked on a project for like 3 hours this week, and then when I went back to find it, it was gone. Except, it wasn't. I had just managed to save it in the "temp" folder rather than on the Development drive (like I should have). I was about to start over when I accidentally found it. Learned my lesson with that one!

The other intern on my team is really nice. She's at the office 4 days/week now, so since she knows what's been going on, I've just been working on stuff that she needs for the most part. My supervisor is really busy, so it's been tough to connect and get assignments directly from her. But, this setup works out well for both Jenny (the other intern) and me, I think.

Oh, and the area the interns sit is called "the fishbowl". Weird? Not when it's glass on 3 sides and in the very center of the office, directly across from the kitchen and next to the copier/mail machines/recycling bin. It's a little distracting. The best part was when I looked at the aerial map of the office and realized that it was actually labeled "fishbowl". I'm not sure how I feel about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment